Thursday, May 25, 2017

30 Thankfuls


Though I try to silently say "Thanks" for at least thirty things every day, I've not typed a list for a while. These things I am grateful for can be quite lightweight but that's O.K. It keeps one aware. Here goes:

I'm thankful:
1) that I "forced" myself to go alone to the "Guillermo del Toro" art     exhibit at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.
2) that there was free parking on the street about a block from the         museum.
3) that I'd finally become a member of the MIA  - so saved $4.00         on the ticket.
4) that the busloads of field trip tykes were not heading for the             same rooms as I was. (Don't get me wrong - I've adulted on those     field trips. I'm glad the kids got the chance to see great art. Just in     other rooms yesterday.)
5) for GPS driving directions, though I had written directions as           well.
6) that I'd booked a 10:15 A.M. ticket for the exhibition. 
7) that the exhibition was not crowded, so one could appreciate the     objects and words and videos at one's chosen pace. I left at 2           P.M. I could have stayed longer... So many photos and notes.
8) that del Toro's movies might not be so scary to me now that I've       seen the original drawings for the resulting films.
9) that after the time at the museum I decided to treat myself to a         visit to Wet Paint - a most wonderful independent art supply             store in St. Paul, Minnesota.
10) because I "need" no more art supplies.
11) I like to support independent art supply stores, so I bought more       art supplies.
12) that I also treated the bookshelves to another book - one about         sketching while on travels.
13) that the staff at Wet Paint is knowledgable and kind.
14) that a person also buying goodies noticed my voice and we               realized we both went to Uw-River Falls in the 1980's!
15) that I can probably give her contact information to this other            long-ago pal.
16) more of the gardens got planted today.
17) we had another successful Arts and Crafts Evening last night.
18) that a friend brought over a bottle of limoncillo.
19) I found out how tasty a sip of limoncillo  can be.
20) that another friend stayed and chatted later into the evening.
21) the sun chose to shine on our day today.
22) that Facebook continues to educate and entertain.
23) for quotation books. 
24) for friends who give me plants.
25) that a friend took my extra cantaloupe plants for another                   garden.
26) that Todd turned the television back on just now.
27) I found my metal travel mug. It was in the last place I looked.
28) people share their stories with me early and often.
29) that summer hasn't really started yet.
30) forgood bourbon.

There. And more could be typed. But these will have to wait for another time. I am thankful there are way more than thirty reason to be thankful - almost every day.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue




No comments: