Thursday, May 11, 2017

Book - 4

Argh.
The habit of not following through is mucking up the Goal of 200 Blog Posts this year.

Yes, this IS a disappointing part of my way of making my way through life. Once upon a time I had almost three straight years of perfect attendance in school. No, that's not much compared to some other people, but it's not a bad record. And I used to pedal a bicycle thirty miles almost every summer day - thunderstormy days were the exception - for exercise and FUN. I fumed when I missed a day.

So I know stubborn achieving "me" is in me. I have to find a way to have her show up way more often again.

I don't know if you are dealing with similar habits/not quite habits. If you have tips for keeping on task, please share.

Yes, timers work - but only if one remembers to use them. Yes, lists work, if one remembers to write and then do what is written.

Now it is time to return to the trenches. Well, not quite yet. Some lads who are still alive are discussing what they might do when the war is over. Options and opinions have changed. They will never return to the world they'd started out from. And lots more death is coming...

Odd note: When listening to meditation music while also listening to "All Quiet on the Western Front" the war seems slightly less horrible. Sigh. It is time to quit the music and get back to the shelling.

(On a shallower note: We hunted stuff down at city-wide yard sales for around seven hours today. We found treasures to re-sell, a few treasures to keep, and a few treasures to give away. Tomorrow the hubby will keep hunting. I have to get serious about dealing with the "bears.")

Fare-thee-well,
Sue


No comments: