Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Stuff


Days are still chilled and damp. Some garden plants are depressed but carrying on. I am trying to follow their lead.

Some plants are over-exuberant in this weather. Some of these are in need of restraint. So I've been digging up certain ferns, pink Lilies of the Valley, and a few hostas and giving them away or transferring them to other parts of back yard. Some pots, hanging baskets, and other containers remain empty. but I try to remember that "summer" is June, July, and August, so am not giving up hope yet. I do feel for the farmers still dealing with standing water in some midwest fields. It's hard to plant ponds that should be land.

Firsts and new-to-me attempts are still going on - 
A few, not in any order:

1) purchased fennel plants
2) purchased a dahlia plant
3) sampled cucumber soup earlier today. Cold soup on a cold morning wasn't in my plans. However, with the addition of some salsa - on advice of soup maker - it proved quite tasty. We agreed that it would have better had the day been warm and sunny.
4) used child's watercolor set to paint abstract patterns on paper napkins at a coffee shop in Hudson, Wisconsin. A friend and I were having our month Art Cheerleading Meeting. It was fun to talk and play at the same time.
5) had a grilled turkey burger during the family get-together on Memorial Day. It was delicious. 
 There were more doings, but I am too lazy to think of them.

The June Personal Challenge has been decided upon. As my spirit has been more down than up of late I was surprised to have Happy Bears flash into mind early this morning. Next it was One Hundred Happy Bears. O.K? Then, well why not do the deed in one month? So on to it. Even if I am not feeling all "haha funny funny," perhaps drawing bears who ARE happy might lighten the mood. 

Friday we set up our first outdoor art/craft fair of the season at New Richmond, Wisconsin. The first one of the year is primarily a test-run for equipment  and set up. I have no expectations for this event. But it will be good to put on the art fair smile and see what happens.
I still have to frame and/or wire several pieces. And prep the business stuff. Once the season is in the swing the weekdays and weekends sort themselves out into a rhythm that is hardly notices - except to note where to point the van. And it is amazing that I drew that first small hear head twenty years ago! One never knows what will change ones life. (Quite the wide-ranging paragraph, this.)

On to paying attention to a discussion with Stephen Fry on YouTube. 

It has been a day.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

www.suerowe.com
Facebook Page: Sue-Rowe-Studios


No comments: